Dunham-Singletary Family Connections

Discussion Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:47 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:50 pm 

This thread is for discussion of areas where we could perform research for 2014.

jeff

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:36 pm 

From Gratia's Report :

Item Six – Proposed 2014 Research (by Gratia Mahony)

I am planning to ask Mary Wooldridge or another researcher from the Pirton, Hertfordshire Family History Center to do some research in the Manorial Rolls of Pirton. This requires that the researcher be able to not only decipher old script, but to read them in Latin as well. The goal of this research is to try to learn the name/names of the earliest Dunham living in Pirton. I have a clue that there may have been a John Dunham (possibly a brother or a father of Richard who we know was the father of our Deacon John Dunham.) This needs to be followed up. This may require additional funds (there is still a balance in the amount voted on last year.) I do not yet know if more funds will be needed, and will not know that for several months. If more money is needed, a request will have to come before the board.

In addition, I have the name of a man living in England (supplied by Mary Wooldridge) who has done a lot of research on his family. It appears that he may descend from one of the brothers of “Deacon John Dunham”. I have not yet contacted him but plan to do this ASAP.