Announcements 21 Aug 2017
By-Law Amendment Passed
Ballots were emailed or mailed to all DSFC members on 15 August. The membership had until 20 August to return the completed Ballot.
33 Ballots were returned with a YES vote - 0 No.
Please watch for additional updates on the Website.
Dunham-Singletary Family Connections Board of Directors
Proposed Amendment to the DUNHAM/SINGLETARY FAMILY CONNECTIONS By-Laws:
During our 2017 annual board meeting, the board members discussed using a different name to represent our organization. The reasons behind this are three fold.
1. To better describe “what we are” and “who we are”. It was thought that having “genealogy” and “research” in the name would immediately help people understand what we do.
2. In this day and age everything is found via an internet search engine; with the current name interested Dunhams might find it difficult to find our website and our facebook page. The most common search phrase might be “Dunham Genealogy” – using this criteria our search ranking are low on both google and bing. Note that this will vary between users as they both cache previous searches for a given user.
3. It is relatively easy to do. We are incorporated in the state of Montana, where we simply need to file a form with that state showing we are “doing business as” (DBA) to operate under a name different from the name which we used to incorporate.
The board converged on the name “Dunham Genealogy Research Association”. The board voted and approved the change, it will then be presented to the membership for their approval.
An Announcement letter has been emailed on 4 August 2017 to the DSFC Membership and the Ballot to vote on the Amendment will be emailed on 15 August 2017.
Complete Information on the Proposed Amendment can be found Here. Here.
If you have questions please contact James A. Streeter - email@example.com.
About Dunham-Singletary Family Connections
Dunham/Singletary Family Connections was organized in July 2004 as a non-profit, public benefit corporation in the State of Montana. The objectives of the organization are:
- Perpetuate the memory and genealogy of the Dunham/Singletary family and connections
- Promote interest in genealogical and historical research ...
- Identify, locate and preserve important historical sites and materials ...
- Publish newsletters, periodicals and other objects...
- Provide for reunions and other special events on local, regional, national or international bases
- Promote friendship, understanding and mutual assistance within the membership
- Encourage high ethical standards and professionalism in all genealogical and historical research practices, including careful and thorough documentation