LINE OF DEACON JOHN DUNHAM OF PLYMOUTH
FOURTH GENERATION IN AMERICA
195. DANIEL 4 DUNHAM (Daniel 3 Jonathan 2 John 1) born 20 November 1711;  died in Conway, Hampshire Co. MA 27 June 1797, at age 86.  Daniel married in Edgartown 20 November 1739 SARAH HUXFORD,  daughter of Samuel and Mary (Harlock) Huxford.  She was born 17 November 1719, died in Conway MA 18 December 1788, at age 69.  Both are buried in South Part Cemetery, Conway MA.
Daniel and Mary resided in Edgartown until about 1774 when they moved to Conway MA.
Dukes Co. LR 7:179, dated 26 November 1744 is an interesting deed in which Daniel and Sarah sell a part of their dwelling house, and Daniel’s mother Rebecca conveys her right to the same.
- I Daniel Dunham of Edgartown in consideration of 58 pounds 3 shillings 9 pence paid by Matthew Norton of Edgartown. . . all my right title and interest to and in the north easterly part being the new end of a dwelling house in Edgartown wherein I now dwell, also one small barn standing near said dwelling house and also a certain tract or parcel of land whereon said new end of dwelling house and barn stand containing 21 acres . . . bounded as follows, beginning near the corner of a swamp and running southwesterly by land of Zephaniah Dunham to a heap of stones, thence running east southerly through the said dwelling house between the new and old end to heap of stones by a highway. . . by land of Mary Pease. . . which land formerly belonged to my honored grandfather the Reverend Mr. Jonathan Dunham...
- Signed: Daniel Dunham -- Sarah (X) Dunham
- On day and year above said Rebecca Dunham, widow do sell and convey all my right in above to Matthew Norton.
- Signed: Rebecca (X) Dunham
Children of Daniel 4 and Sarah (Huxford) Dunham:  born in Edgartown
- i. Thankful 5 Dunham, b. 10 September 1741; d. 3 June 1814; m. 1 Timothy Stewart ; m. 2 Joseph Vincent
- ii. Eleazer 5 Dunham, b. 18 December 1743, d. unm. during French War
- 362. iii. Daniel 5 Dunham, b. 6 March 1746
- 363. iv. Cornelius 5 Dunham, b. 10 May 1748
- 364. v. Jonathan 5 Dunham, b. 23 March 1751
- vi. Sarah 5 Dunham, b. 26 February 1753-4; d. 3 July 1805; m. 20 July 1768 Matthew Tilton 
- vii. Marah 5 Dunham, b. 31 March 1756
- viii. Rebecca 5 Dunham b. say 1758
- 1. Dukes Co. Probate 3:137; Banks, History of Martha’s Vineyard Vol. 3:157-8.
- 2. Roser, Descendants of Henry Cobb p. 135.
- 3. Banks, Vol. 3:157.
- 4. Banks, Vol. 3:214.
- 5. Ibid.
- 6. Banks, Vol. 3:158.
- 7. Banks, Vol. 3:461
- 8. Banks, Vol. 3:477
Comments to the [Historian]
Return to: Generation 1 or Prior Page