LINE OF DEACON JOHN DUNHAM OF PLYMOUTH
FOURTH GENERATION IN AMERICA
201. JACOB 4 DUNHAM (Daniel 3 Jonathan 2 John 1) born ca. 1727,  baptized 9 April 1727, died at Mayfield, Fulton Co. NY [murdered by Indians] 11 April 1779.  Jacob married in Sharon CT. 29 October 1754 ELIZABETH PETTEE/PETTIT, daughter of Jonathan Pettit. 
Jacob Dunham had moved to Lebanon by 1748 as Dukes Co. LR 7:487, dated 23 January 1748 is for the sale of his house in Edgartown.
- “I Jacob Dunham of Lebanon in ye County of Windham in ye colony of Connecticut, Joyner, in consideration of sum of 12 pounds paid by Daniel Donham of Chillmark. . . have given, granted released and quit claimed all my rights, title to a certain dwelling house lately belonging to my late honored father Daniel Dunham of Edgartown, deceased, wherein my late honored father dwelled together with the homestead, as also all the other lands in ye old purchase both divided and undivided on this side and on Chappaquidick, part of which said dwelling house and lands were given to me said Jacob Donham by my late honored father in his last will and testament. . .
- Signed: Jacob Dunham
Jacob Dunham moved first to Salisbury CT. and his dau. Rebecca m. Selah Woodworth at Salisbury. About 1770 Jacob Dunham, Selah Woodworth, Solomon Woodworth and others moved to Mayfield, Fulton, Co., NY.
Note Jacob was admitted to the church 3 Sept. 1769, Sharon CT. VR. His five sons are given on the Sharon CT. VR. as children of Jacob all baptized 3 Sept. 1769. 
Children of Jacob and Elizabeth (Pettit) Dunham: probably born in Lebanon CT.
- i. Rebecca 5 Dunham, b. 12 Jan. 1755 Sharon CT VR p. 37 she d. 3 June 1838 Mayfield, Fulton Co. CT. m. 30 Dec. 1773 Selah Woodworth at Salisbury, CT
- Children of Selah and Rebecca 5 (Dunham) Woodworth:
- i. William S. Woodworth b. 6 April 1774
- ii. Ebenezer Woodworth b. 19 Mar. 1776
- iii. Elizabeth Woodworth b. 21 Jan. 1778
- iv. Sarah Woodworth b. 30 July 1779
- v. Silas Woodworth b. 3 Jan. 1781
- vi. Roswell Woodworth b. 5 Oct. 1782
- vii. John Woodworth b. 28 Sept. 1784
- viii. Rebecca Woodworth b. 5 April 1787
- ix. Mary Woodworth b. 12 Jan. 1789
- x. Selah Woodworth b. December 1790
- xi. Cynthia Woodworth b. 19 Mar. 1793; d. 9 Feb. 1794
- xii. Jacob Woodworth b. 19 July 1794; d. 22 July 1794
- xiii. Jacob Woodworth (again) b. 2 Dec. 1795
- xiv. Cynthia Woodworth (again) b. 23 Nov. 1797
- ii. John 5 Dunham, bp. 3 Sept. 1759 Sharon CT VR p. 37; killed in Rev. War “fell with Capt. Woodworth, in Fairfield,”
- iii. Samuel 5 Dunham, bp. 3 Sept. 1759 Sharon CR VR p. 38; killed in Indian Massacre 1780
- iv Silas 5 Dunham, bp. 3 Sept. 1759 Sharon CT VR p. 38
- v. Zebulon 5 Dunham, bp. 3 Sept. 1759 Sharon CT VR p. 38
- 366. vi. Ebenezer 5 Dunham, bp. 3 Sept. 1759 Sharon CT VR p. 37
- 1. Dukes Co. Probate 3:137; Banks, History of Martha’s Vineyard Vol. 3:154-5.
- 2. DAR Patriot Index b. 4-9-1727, d. 4-11-1779, m. Elizabeth Pettee, Sol. NY
- 3. Ibid.
- 4. Sharon, CT Vital Records p. 37-8.
- 5. Sharon CT VR p. 37
Comments to the [Historian]
Return to: Generation 1 or Prior Page