GENEALOGICAL REFERENCES FOR MEMBERS OF THE DUNHAM FAMILY
This information has been prepared by Gratia Dunham Mahony. Her original document has been sub-divided to fit more easily onto our web site. [PCD]
LINES FROM DEACON JOHN 1 DUNHAM’S SON BENAJAH 2 DUNHAM (b. 1637)
#10458 - Edward Lee Dunham of Ohio
Line from Deacon John Dunham of Plymouth:
John 1 Benajah 2 Edmund 3 Edmund 4 probably Stephen 5 (circumstantial evidence) Mordecai 6 Mordecai 7 Jeremiah 8 Alva M. 9 Thomas Dewey 10 Donald Lee 11 Edward Lee 12 Dunham
NOTE: THE FIRST THREE GENERATIONS ARE THE SAME AS #1785 (GEORGE DUNHAM), #5791 (RUSSELL H DUNHAM, III), AND #3012 (JOHN LAURENCE DUNHAM). Continuing with generation four:
Edmund 4 Dunham b. 15 January 1691 in Piscataway, Middlesex Co. NJ 
d. between 4 June and 13 July 1749 in Piscataway, NJ 
m. Dinah FitzRandolph
1. MacGunnigle, Bruce Campbell, C.G. compiler of Mayflower Families Through Five Generations, Edward Fuller family, Published by General Society of Mayflower Descendants 1990, Volume 4:34
2. Ibid. p. 108.
Stephen 5 Dunham b. 1 October 1737 in Piscataway, Middlesex Co. NJ 
d. probably in Fayette Co. PA 
4. Land Records provide circumstantial evidence that this was the Stephen Dunham who moved first to Hunterdon Co. NJ, and about 1790 moved to Fayette Co. PA. Records from that period in western Pennsylvania are either very poor or non-existent. Edward Lee 12 Dunham participated in DNA analysis which showed his line to be from Deacon John Dunham of Plymouth. Members of the Singletary/alias Dunham line were also living in both Fayette and Greene Counties in western Pennsylvania and separation of the descendents of these two lines has been very difficult.
Mordecai 6 Dunham b. about 1762 in New Jersey 
d. about April 1850 in Milton Twp. Jackson Co. OH 
m. Margaret Van Garden
6. MONONGALIA CO. (West Virginia, Records of the District, Superior and County Courts, compiled by Melba Pender Zinn, pub. Heritage Books, Bowie, MD 1990, Vol. 5, p. 90; Case #127 - 1803, Monongalia County Court (names Mordecai as a son of Stephen Dunham) Census data establishes year of birth.
7. The 1850 Federal Census Index (Mortality Schedules) for 1850 (on Ancestry.com web site) shows Mordecai Dunham died of old age in April (within the year of 1850) at age 88 years.
Mordecai 7 Dunham b. probably 16 November 1800in Fayette Co. Pennsylvania 
d. 10 February 1878 in Vinton Co. Ohio. .
m. Jane Amanda Cloud Buck
8. Family Search Ancestral File v4.19 gives birth date as 16 Nov. 1800 in Fayette Co. PA and Census data substantiates that birth year.
9 . Family Search Ancestral File v4.10 gives d. 10 Feb. 1878 in Vinton Co. Ohio. Buried Howard Cemetery, Pike Co. OH Cemetery Inscriptions p. 3.
Jeremiah 8 Dunham b. 14 September 1847in Vinton Co. OH 
d. 24 March 1929 in Pike Co. OH 
m. 1 Lucretia Potts
10. From 1850 Census of Wilkesville, Vinton Co. Ohio p. 584 (was in Gallia
Co. in 1840) Jeremiah was age 3 years in 1850 census.
11. From Camp Creek & Newton Township Cemeteries, Pike County, Ohio-Tombstone Inscriptions copied by Pike Co. Chapter of the Ohio Genealogical Society-1991.
Alva Markwood 9 Dunham b. 12 March 1880 in Ohio 
d. 1919 
m. Martha Jane Rapp
12. Alva Dunham appears on the 1910 Census of Sciota Twp. Pike Co. OH p. 236,
Family #132; Alva M. is age 30. Also descendant information given by Edward Lee
12 Dunham & Phyllis 12 (Dunham)Wells.
13. Information given by descendants Phyllis 12 (Dunham) Wells & Edward Lee 12 Dunham.
Thomas Dewey 10 Dunham b. 10 June 1910 
d. 31 December 1963. 
m. Ruby Olive Lightle
Donald Lee 11 Dunham b. 10 January 1936 
d. 4 September 1980 
m. Carol Ruth Harrison
Edward Lee 12 Dunham b. 17 July 1960 
17. Ibid. NOTE: This is the Dunham descendant who participated in DNA analysis. The 12 marker test matched those of the descendants of Deacon John Dunham with a single-step mutation at the 4th Locus (DYS 391). The result of the 25 marker analysis showed an additional mutation at Locus 13 (DYS 458). However, it is still believed the relationship with Deacon John Dunham exists.