GENEALOGICAL REFERENCES FOR MEMBERS OF THE DUNHAM FAMILY
This information has been prepared by Gratia Dunham Mahony. Her original document has been sub-divided to fit more easily onto our web site. [PCD]
LINES FROM DEACON JOHN 1 DUNHAM’S SON JONATHAN 2 DUNHAM (b. 1625)
#2330 - Gary Roger Dunham of Sugarland Texas
Line from Deacon John Dunham of Plymouth:
John 1 Jonathan 2 Jonathan 3 Gideon 4 James 5 Isaac 6 Luther W. 7 Alfred Gordon 8 Frederick Walter 9 Richard Frederick 10 Gary Roger 11
John 1 Dunham b. ca. 1589 in England 
d. 2 March 1668/9 Plymouth, Plymouth Co. MA 
m. second Abigail Ballou
l. Anderson, Robert Charles, "The Great Migration Begins; Immigrants to New England 1620-1633" published by New England Historic Genealogical Society, Boston 1995, Volume I:599-603.
Jonathan 2 Dunham b.say 1625 in Leiden Holland 
d. 18 December 1717 in Edgartown, Martha’s Vineyard, Dukes Co. MA 
m. 1 Mary Delano
m. 2 Mary Cobb
3. Anderson, Volume I:603; also TAG Vol. 36:243-49
4. Ply. Col. Records Vol. 4:370, will probated 15 Jan. 1718
Jonathan 3 Dunham b. 1658-9 
d. before 5 October 1711 
m. 1 (unknown)
m. 2 Esther (Norton) Huxford
Gideon 4 Dunham b. 6 March 1686/7 
d. 27 April 1762 Southington, Hartford Co. CT 
m. 1 Desire Case
m. 2 Mary Lewis
7. TAG 44:219. . Also, Banks, Charles Edward, "History of Martha’s Vineyard" pub. by the Dukes Co. Historical Society 1966, Vol. 3:155-6.
8. Will #1784, Ct. State Archives.
James 5 Dunham b. say 1720, probably in Southington, Hartford Co. Connecticut 
d. (year unknown) probably in Canaan, Litchfield Co. Connecticut 
m. Dinah Candee
9. Op. Cit. Banks, Vol. 3:156.
10. VR Canaan Ct. p. 24, (Barbour Coll.): gives Children born of James and Dinah, in Canaan CT.
Isaac 6 Dunham b. 23 February 1765 in Canaan, Litchfield Co. CT 
d. probably 20 October 1821, probably in Canaan CT 
m. 1 Charlotte Lawrence who d. by 1800
m. 2 (unknown)
NOTE: Another son of James 5 Dunham was:
Salathiel 6 b. 22 March 1753 pension appl. S12828, NY gives birth
year as 1757
Both Salathiel 6 and William 7 who is son of Isaac 6 went to Tioga Co. NY.
Luther W. 7 Dunham is found on the census in Tioga Co. NY living near
Salathiel 6, however, research from the census records and land deeds indicate
that Luther W. 7 was probably a son of Isaac 6 and his second (unknown) wife,
and that he first went to Tioga Co. NY to live with his older half brother who
was William 7 Dunham who was born in 1787.
11. VR Canaan Ct. p. 24, (Barbour Coll.)
12. Isaac 6 appears on the 1820 census in Canaan CT. An unproved source states that he d. 20 October 1821.
Luther W. 7 Dunham b. 19 October 1804 poss. in Northampton, Hampshire Co. MA 
d. about 1850 probably in Illinois 
m. Mary Jane Beard
13. Copy of an insurance application in which parts of the (missing) Dunham family bible were transcribed and certified, in possession of Gary Roger & Jan E. Dunham.
14. The last child of Luther W. and Mary Jane (Beard) Dunham was Hulda Cornelia b. 22 November 1847 in Dryden, Tompkins Co. New York. Dunham (Mary Jane (Beard) Dunham) appears on the 1850 census in Winnebago County, Illinois under the Township of Butler, p. 365
Alfred Gordon 8 Dunham b. 28 July 1840 in Spencer, Tioga Co. NY 
d. 18 April 1910 in Guthrie, Logan Co. Oklahoma 
m. Fannie D. Healas
15. Information from descendant Gary R. Dunham
Frederick Walter 9 Dunham b. 29 June 1881 in Waterloo, Blackhawk Co. Iowa 
d. 22 November 1959 in Houston, Texas 
m. Mercy Elthea Higgins
Richard Frederick 10 Dunham b. 9 December 1910 in Oklahoma City, OK 
d. 13 December 1991 in Houston Texas 
m. Acme Marie Spiva
19. Ibid. Also SS# 460-05-6134 Issued in Texas
Gary Roger 11 Dunham b. 12 February 1936 in Houston, Harris Co. TX 
21. Gary Roger 11Dunham participated in DNA analysis to try to determine which Dunham line he descends from. Several cousins of Gary R. and his wife Jan (Erwin) Dunham worked with me to try to prove the line from Deacon John Dunham. There is strong circumstantial evidence that Luther W. 7 Dunham is a son of Isaac 6 Dunham and his second (unknown) wife; but so far we have not found absolute proof.