1. Richard 1 Dunham b. about 1554;  died as a resident of Langford, Bedfordshire, England between 25 October 1624, and 19 November 1624. 'Father Dunham, an old man' - was buried at Langford on 19 November 1624. His wife was named AGNES and she was buried at Stotfold, Bedfordshire, England on 14th January 1623/24. 
- It is not known where Richard 1 Dunham was born but his sons were all baptized in Pirton, Hertfordshire County between the years of 1581-1596. Richard was likely a farmer (or agricultural labourer, the term used at that time.) He called himself “poulter” in his will, and may have been raising turkeys or geese at the time he resided in Pirton.
- A photo of the will of Richard along with the transcription can be found in the DSFC-DGRA Newsletter Vol. 10, Issue 3, p. 3-5
- Children of Richard 1 and Agnes (unknown) Dunham: 
- 2. i. Alice 2 Dunham b. say 1579 if age 20 at marriage
- 3. ii. William 2 Dunham bp. 7 Jan. 1581 Pirton, Hertfordshire, England
- 4. iii. Ann 2 Dunham b. say 1585
- 5. iv. John 2 Dunham bp. 8 Feb. 1589 Pirton, Hertfordshire, England
- 6. v. Elizabeth 2 Dunham b. say 1592
- 7. vi. Richard 2 Dunham bp. 18 Feb. 1596 Pirton, Hertfordshire, England
- 1. If he was about 25 at the age of birth of first child, then he was b. approximately 1554.
- 2. Date of will.
- 3. Date of burial.
- 4. Parish Register of Stotfold 1559-1812, parish Register Series, Vol. 38 p. A39.
- 5. Named in his will or deduced from parish registers.
- 6. Putting Together a Genealogy; Descendants of Richard 1 Dunham by Gratia Dunham Mahony, DSFC-DGRA Newsletter Vol. 10, Issue 3, p. 10
2. Alice 2 Dunham (Richard 1) b. say 1579 if age 20 at marriage; died probably before her father wrote his will 25 October 1625. She married Lawrence Underwood 3 July 1601 in Arlesey, Bedfordshire, England 
- Child of Lawrence and Alice (Donhame) Underwood
- i. Ellen Underwood (named in will of Richard1 Dunham)
- 1. Parish Register of Arlesey 1538-1812, Parish Register Series, Volume 66, p. 61
3. William 2 Dunham (Richard 1) bp. 7 Jan. 1581 Pirton, Hertfordshire, England;  died/buried in Pirton 26 September 1632.  There is a marriage listed in the Parish Registers of Hexton, Hertfordshire for William Dunham and Suesan Gregorie on 1 Nov. 1609 which may be for this William 2 Dunham. 
- Children of William 2 and (probably Suesan Gregorie) Dunham:
- 8. i. Susan 3 Dunham bp. 14 Feb. 1610/11 Arlesey, Bedfordshire, England 
- 9. ii. Richard 3 Dunham bp. 9 Oct. 1614 Arlesey, Bedfordshire, England 
- 10. iii. Ann 3 Dunham bp. 2 Feb. 1616/17 Arlesey, Bedfordshire, England 
- 11. iv. William 3 Dunham bp. 10 October 1619 Arlesey, Bedfordshire, England 
- OTE: From the Pirton Local History Group/baptisms:, These may be a continuation of The above family:
- 12. v. John 3 Dunham bp. 30 June 1622 Pirton, Hertfordshire, England 
- 13. vi. Henry 3 Dunham bp.1 May 1626 
- 14 vii. and probably Agnes/Agnis 3 Dunham There was a marriage in Pirton, Hertfordshire, England for Agnis (Agnes) Dunham and Ed Tapster on 6 May 1642.  This Agnes is not shown in
- the baptisms of the children of William. This Agnes was probably born say 1622-1624, and there is space for a child of William b. about 1624 but she is not in the baptismal record. The given name of Agnes could be for a child named for her grandmother, Agnes the wife of Richard Dunham, poulter, of Langford.
- 1. Pirton Local History Group, Record of Baptism, BAP-112
- 2. Pirton Local History Group, Record of Burial, BUR-264
- 3. Hertfordshire Archives & Local Studies, Hexton, Hertfordshire Marriages-Transcrits p. 19
- 4. Parish Register of Arlesey 1538-1812, Parish Register Series, Volume 66 p. 13
- 5. Ibid. p. 13
- 6. Ibid. p. 14
- 7. Ibid. p. 15
- 8. Pirton Local History Group, Record of Baptism, BAP-466
- 9. Priton Local History Group, Record of Baptism, BAP-511
- 10. Pirton Local History Group, Record of Marriage, MAR-144
4. Ann 2 Dunham (Richard 1) b. say 1585. She was named in her father’s will along with her son Richard. Since her son Richard was bequethed clothing belonging to his grandfather, he must have been at least a youth old enough that the clothing might fit him. No further information about Ann 2 Dunham has been found.
- Child of Ann Dunham and (unknown):
- 15. i. Richard 3 (unknown)
5. John 2 Dunham (Richard 1) bp. 8 Feb. 1589 Pirton, Hertfordshire, England. John is the immigrant to Plymouth Colony, Massachusetts. His line is found here: as Deacon John 1 Dunham.
- John 2 Dunham line is not carried out in this Pedegree. The first five generations of the descendants of John 2 Dunham may be seen her: Deacon John 1 Dunham
6. Elizabeth 2 Dunham (Richard 1) b. say 1592; living in October 1624.  She married John Hyde September 1615 in Arlesey, Bedfordshire, England 
- 1. Named in her father’s will.
- 2. Parish Regiater of Arlesey 1538-1812, parish Register Series, Volume 66 p. 63.
7. Richard 2 Dunham (Richard 1) bp. 18 Feb. 1596 Pirton, Hertfordshire, England.  He was named executor of the will of his father Richard 1 Dunham. I have not found any indication of a marriage or children of this Richard Dunham.
- 1. Named in his father’s will; Pirton Local History Group, Record of Baptism, BAP-219