DUNHAM FAMILIES OF BLADEN COUNTY, NORTH CAROLINA
SECOND GENERATION IN AMERICA
3. WILLIAM RANDOLPH 2 DUNHAM (Joseph 1) b. in Bladen Co., NC about 1770; d. there 3 September 1828. He m. 1st ELIZABETH SINGLETARY, b. abt 1774. There is no death record of Elizabeth (Singletary) Dunham. She may have died after the birth of the daughter Elizabeth 3 Dunham. William Randolph 2 Dunham m. 2nd SARAH CAIN.  She was named in the will of William R. Dunham written in 1823.
- Children of William Randolph 2 and Elizabeth (Singletary) Dunham:
- 4. i. JAMES SNOWDEN 3 DUNHAM, b. 20 March 1795
- ii. ELIZABETH 3 DUNHAM, b. before 1800 
- Children of William Randolph 2 and Sarah (Cain) Dunham: 
- 5. iii. SARAH 3 DUNHAM, b. 14 February 1801; d. bef. 1840, She m. DAVID D. ALLEN, d. btw. 1830-40. He was an executor of the will of William R. Dunham. The 1830 census of Bladen Co., North Carolina shows two sons and two daughters.
- 6. iv. JONATHAN S. 3 DUNHAM, b. abt. 1804. He was named in his father’s will.
- 7. v. WILLIAM JAMES 3 DUNHAM, b. 26 July 1808
- 8. vi. JOHN SMITH 3 DUNHAM, b. 8 December 1813; d. 11 April 1893. He married JANE HILL GARDNER.
- 9. vii. SAMUEL W. 3 DUNHAM, b. 29 July 1816; d. 20 May 1850. He married ELIZA SPENCER.
- 10. viii. THOMAS W. 3 DUNHAM, b. 17 September 1818; d. 6 December 1856. He m.1 MARY E. POTTS; m.2 GEORGIA B. POTTS, sister to Mary.
- 1. There is discrepancy between the Bundy book (published in 1985) and the Brunton book (published in 1989) as to who was the mother of children iii through viii. See analysis of maternity and census data in Archives Section under Wives of William Randolph Dunham.
- 2. The 1800 census shows a female under 10 years old.
- 3. According to research done by Trudy Dunham, none of the lines from William Randolph Dunham and his second wife, Sarah Cain, extend to the present generation.
Comments to the [Historian]
Return to: Return to: DUNHAM FAMILIES OF THE AMERICAN SOUTH or to the Prior Page