DUNHAM FAMILIES OF BLADEN COUNTY, NORTH CAROLINA
THIRD GENERATION IN AMERICA
7. WILLIAM JAMES 3 DUNHAM (William R. 2, Joseph 1) b. 26 July 1808; d. by May 1861 when his will was probated. He was named in his father’s will. He married SYLVIA ALLEN.  She was b. abt 1810; d. aft June 1880.
- Children of William J. 3 and Sylvia (Allen) Dunham: 
- i. ANDREW J. 4 DUNHAM, b. 1830
- ii. WILLIAM H.4 DUNHAM, b. 1832; d. in Richmond, VA, 1 July 1862. He was a Private in Company K 18th Reg. NC Troops
- iii. JOSEPH W. 4 DUNHAM, b. 1834; d. in Richmond, VA, 3 April 1865. He was a Private in Company K 18th Reg. NC Troops
- vi. MARY ELIZA 4 DUNHAM, b. 1836
- v. JOHN SAMUEL 4 DUNHAM, b. 1839; d. 5 April 1915
- vi. SARAH ANN 4 DUNHAM, b. 8 August 1841; m. GRIFFITH SINGLETARY [See # 16.]
- vii. CALISTA J. 4 DUNHAM, b. 1845
- viii. SOPHIA CAROLINE 4 DUNHAM, b. 1850
- ix. THOMAS F. 4 DUNHAM, b. 1853
1. North Carolina Death Certificates 1909-1975 for Sarah Ann (Dunham) Singletary show that she was born 8 August 1841; d. 28 April 1916 age 74 in White Oak, Bladen County, North Carolina. Her father is listed as William Dunham. Her mother is listed as Sarah Allen.
2. Children ii through ix appear on 1850 and/or 1860 census of White Oak, Bladen Co., NC.
Comments to the [Historian]
Return to: Return to: DUNHAM FAMILIES OF THE AMERICAN SOUTH or to the Prior Page