LINE OF DEACON JOHN DUNHAM OF PLYMOUTH
FOURTH GENERATION IN AMERICA
262. MARY 4 DUNHAM (Nathaniel 3 Joseph 2 John1) born ca. 1706, died in Middleboro 24 July 1777 in her 72nd year.  Mary married in Middleboro 5 March 1729/30 ISAAC BILLINGTON,  son of Isaac and Hannah (Glass) Billington.  Mary apparently had an illegitimate son before she married Isaac Billington for “in 1750 she petitioned the Bristol County judge of probate to appoint ‘my brother Nathaniel Donham’ administrator of the estate of ‘my son Job Eddy’, deceased.”  The estate of Job Eddy was presented 5 June 1750 and had been appraised by Thomas Morey, Ebenezer Burt and Moses Ware. It showed no real estate.
Other ties among the children of Nathaniel 3 are indicated by the purchase by Issac Billington of part of the 7th lot...in 26 Men’s Purchase in Middleborough from Lemuel Donham,  another brother of Mary (Dunham) Billington. And it should be noted that of the children of Isaac and Mary, Seth was the name of Isaac’s brother, but Mary had both a father and a brother named Nathaniel, and a brother named Ichabod.
Child of Mary Dunham, illegitimate:
- i. Job 5 Eddy b. say 1726-7; died before 5 June 1750
Children of Isaac and Mary (Dunham) Billington: 
- ii. Isaac Billington b. 14 February 1730/31, no further record
- iii. Nathaniel Billington b. 7 February 1732/3
- He died in Goshen, Hampshire County Massachusetts between 1800 and 1806. He married first in Middleboro 14 January 1754 Mary-4 Donham who apparently died without issue before 1756. She was daughter of Joseph 3 Joseph 2 John 1 Dunham. He married second in Middleboro 5 August 1756 his cousin Eleanor Warren, daughter of Cornelius and Mercy (Ward) Warren. She was baptized in Middleboro 1 August 1736, died after 1789 and before 1806.
- iv. Seth Billington b. 11 May 1735
- He died in Pelham, Hampshire County Massachusetts before 21 October 1783. He married first in Middleboro 30 December 1756 Deborah Smith, daughter of John and Deborah (Barden) Smith. He married second in Middleboro 15 January 1765 Betty (--) Washburn, probably the widow of Reuben Washburn of Bridgewater Massachusetts.
- v. Ichabod Billington b. 23 May 1737
- He died probably in Kennebec County Maine between 1810 and 26 September 1815. He married in Middleboro 26 October 1758 Betty Peck of Bridgewater.
- vi. Mary Billington baptized 3 October 1739
- She died probably in Brookfield, Worcester County Massachusetts after 9 March 1810. She married in Middleboro 3 December 1761 Eliakim Barlow, son of William and Joanna (Warren) Barlow. He was born in Middleboro 17 March 1739/40, died in Brookfield between 1 February and 4 March 1806.
- 1. Mayflower Families-John Billington p. 63.
- 2. Middleboro VR 1:47., and Mayflower Births & Deaths, Vol. 1 & 2 for Mary Dunham, b. c. 1705; d. 24 July 1777age 72, Middleboro 1st Ch R.:86.
- 3. Ibid. p. 43.
- 4. Ibid. p. 63; Bristol Co. Probate Abstracts, p. 81, 85, 126.
- 5. Plymouth Co. LR 59:27.
- 6. Mayflower Families-John Billington, Vol. 5, p. 64.
Comments to the [Historian]
Return to: Generation 1 or to the Prior Page